Recovery and Discharge
After surgery you will be moved to our fully equipped recovery room where you will remain under close observation by the anesthesiologist and recovery room nurses until you are ready to go home. Although the time varies, most patients are discharged 1-2 hours after surgery.
Your physician will provide post-procedure instructions regarding diet, rest, and medications. The center will provide you with a written summary of these instructions.
Please follow these general instructions after your surgery:
- Have a responsible adult here at the surgery center to drive you home.
- Plan to have a responsible adult stay with you for the first 24 hours following surgery.
- Call your physician to make your follow-up appointment.
- If you have any problems, please call your physician immediately or go to the closest emergency room.
We recommend that you postpone the following activities for 24 hours after discharge.
- Driving and operating equipment
- Signing important papers
- Making significant decisions
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
You will receive a Patient Satisfaction Survey at discharge. We welcome your ideas, comments and suggestions. We strive to provide the highest quality of care; your opinion is important to us.
Our concern for you does not end when you leave the center. A nurse from the center will contact you a few days after your surgery to make sure you are having a smooth recovery.