Please read the following information carefully.
- You will need to complete and submit your assessment form online, in person, by fax, or by mail.
- The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires you receive written and verbal notification of your Patient Rights and Responsibilities prior to your procedure. If you have not been contacted regarding this matter prior to the day of your procedure, you MUST call the center.
- Do not eat after 8:00pm and do not drink after 12:00am midnight the night before surgery. This includes gum, mints and hard candy.
- Medications: Unless otherwise instructed take all Blood Pressure, Seizure Cholesterol and Pain Medication as prescribed, with a swallow of water the morning of surgery.
- If you are diabetic and take Glucophage/Metformin, hold this medication for 24 hours prior to surgery. Check your blood sugar before coming in for surgery; if below 70 or above 220, call center for instructions.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing; if having hand, arm, or shoulder surgery wear X-Lg T-Shirt and bottoms with elastic waist.
- Shower with antibacterial soap the morning of surgery. No cosmetics or lotions are to be worn.
- Remove all jewelry, body piercings, and metal hair accessories. If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for them.
- Leave all valuables at home. The center is not responsible for your personal belongings.
- Responsible adult to be present during procedure, receive post operative instructions, provide ride home, and stay with you 24 hours after surgery.
- Limit the number of people accompanying you, as we have limited lobby space and we limit (1) person at a time in clinical areas.
- For children having surgery: bring diapers, a change of clothes, clean baby bottle/sippy cup, a favorite blanket, toy, or stuffed animal. We prefer that two responsible adults accompany all children having surgery.
- If you are using CPAP or BiPAP at home, bring your equipment with you.
- Call your doctor if you develop a cold, fever, or respiratory problem before your surgery. If you cannot reach your doctor call the Center.
- Bring your insurance card, photo ID, method of payment and any papers you may have received from the Doctor’s office.